Thank you for your interest in the Montessori Children’s Schoolhouse (MCS). We are excited to share our school with you.
Since 1968, MCS has provided guidance and educational opportunities as vast as a child’s desire to discover. We offer toddler, early childhood, kindergarten, and elementary programs. Stimulating classroom environments promote creativity and exploration that help students develop a love for learning. We emphasize respect for others, respect for oneself, and respect for the environment to help prepare our students for a lifetime of success, both inside and outside of the classroom. MCS welcomes children of any age, race, religion, color, national, and ethnic origin.
We are the only accredited Montessori in
Northwest Indiana and South Chicago Suburbs!
Watch this video to see how your child can benefit for life from a Montessori education!
** Click here to see why you should choose MCS! **
- We cordially invite you to participate as a Sponsor of the Annual Montessori Children’s Schoolhouse Fun Fair. Click here for more details!
- Make sure to check the 2016-2017 school calendar for important upcoming events!
Click here to enlarge calendar.
- 2016-2017 School Calendar
- August 23:
- Open House for new early childhood and new kindergarten students 9:30 A.M.-10:30 A.M.
- Toddler Parent Orientation, 7:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
- August 24: Classes begin:
- elementary - half-day
- kindergarten - half-day
- new early childhood students begin phase-in
- Open House for toddler students
- August 25:
- Regular class hours for elementary and kindergarten students
- Before/after school program begins for elementary and kindergarten students
- Elementary Parent Orientation, 7:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
- August 29: Kindergarten Parent Orientation, 7:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
- August 30:
- Returning early childhood students begin classes
- Before/after school program begins for early childhood students
- Friday, September 30: MCS Fun Fair, 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm at the Hammond Civic Center