Thank you for your interest in the Montessori Children’s Schoolhouse (MCS). We are excited to share our school with you.
Since 1968, MCS has provided guidance and educational opportunities as vast as a child’s desire to discover. We offer toddler, early childhood, kindergarten, and elementary programs. Stimulating classroom environments promote creativity and exploration that help students develop a love for learning. We emphasize respect for others, respect for oneself, and respect for the environment to help prepare our students for a lifetime of success, both inside and outside of the classroom. MCS welcomes children of any age, race, religion, color, national, and ethnic origin.
We are the only accredited Montessori in
Northwest Indiana and South Chicago Suburbs!
Watch this video to see how your child can benefit for life from a Montessori education!
** Click here to see why you should choose MCS! **
- Thanks to all the families and friends who came out last night to help support our school! And thanks to Chris Jones (a Montessori parent and board member) for letting MCS fundraise at Schoops last night!!
- Ever wonder how to say “Thank you” to your child’s teacher? Your contribution to CLASSROOM ENRICHMENT enables the staff to enrich and improve the environments. See More.
Click here to enlarge calendar.
- Tuesday, Dec 16: Fundraiser Committee Meeting, 7pm at MCS
- Wednesday, Dec 17: Technology Committee meeting, 5:30pm at MCS
- Friday, Dec 19: Last day of classes before Winter Break
(Winter Break - December 22, 2014 - January 2, 2015)
- December 23 through 26: MCS CLOSED - Winter Vacation
- December 31: MCS CLOSES at 12 noon
- January 1: MCS CLOSED - New Year's Vacation
- Monday, January 5: Classes Resume
- Wednesday, January 7: Fundraiser at Funflatables in Dyer from 6-8 pm. The cost is $8.00 per child under 18. This is a closed to the public event so we need as many friends and family from MCS as possible. View website.
- Saturday, February 21, 2015: Cosmic Bowing Adult Night fundraiser
- Saturday, April 25, 2015: Adult Night Student Art Gallery fundraiser